The Future of Transport in the North - running order revealed
I've already mentioned in this blog post how exciting I consider the future of Transport in the North.
The world of transport is starting to embrace digital, tech and data like never before, and the past 18 months has seen a huge increase (and successful turnout) for transport-related innovation work here at ODI Leeds - see TravelHack, TravelHack 2 and Databus for more details. There is an appetite for more digital innovation in transport.
On Thursday 26th April, 'The Future of Transport in the North' will showcase the vast potential in the use of digital and data for revolutionising transport, from smart ticketing to dockless bikes to mobility-as-a-service and much more.
The event is sponsored by Transport for the North.
Since we published the event it has proved to be overwhelming popular; all tickets are now sold out. If you missed out and you are still interested, you can register here to join the waiting list, and we will let you know if someone drops out and a space becomes available.
If you can't make it, for whatever reason, there's still ways for you to get involved. You can use the event hashtag #futureoftransport and the hashtag for the Leeds Digital Festival #LeedsDigi18. If you have questions for the TfN Q&A panel you can send them to us on Twitter via @odileeds or @neilmcclure100. And we will be live-streaming the Lightning presentations and the Q&A panel - we will put a link on the ODI Leeds website on the day of the event.
As we've mentioned, this event is about showcasing the best and most exciting projects and businesses in the transport sector.
So without further ado, I am pleased to announce our exciting line-up of speakers and themes for the day:
Morning: Lightning talks
- Transport for the North - Richard Mason - TfN open data projects
- Transport Focus - Louise Coward - Bus travel - the attitudes of young people
- Ofo - Adam Rose - Delviering dockless bike schemes in cities
- MaaS Global - Stephan Anescot - Is MaaS the future of travel in our cities?
- AQL - Arthur Howie - The Westfield POD autonomous vehicle
- Vamooz - Rebecca Burnett - The future of crowd-sourced bus routes
- Passenger - Tom Quay - Convergance of mobile and contactless payments
- Reading Buses - Tony Pettitt - Mythbusting and how transport operators can get value out of opening their data
- Urban Things - Carl Partridge - Ticketless travel
- Institute for Transport Studies - Erik Thomasson - Innovative transport projects at ITS
Afternoon: Transport open house
Lightning speakers to host product demos (products, apps, transport, etc), drop-in, Q&A
Afternoon: TfN panel discussion - 'The Future of Transport in the North'
- Alistair Richards - Programme Director, Integrated & Smart Travel
- Richard Mason - Information Strategy Manager
- Alison Pilling - Business Design Lead
IBM have returned for another year as a headline sponsor! Their sponsorship covers the space for the 2 weeks of Leeds Digital Festival, helping us to make the space comfortable for everyone and keeping everyone fed and watered with delicious fayre from local food traders.