Vacancy - Data and Innovation Consultant
ODI Leeds Data and Innovation Consultant
Initial salary 20,000 rising to 23,000 pa after 3 months
Who we are:
The ODI founded by Sirs Tim Berners-Lee and Nigel Shadbolt, connects equips and inspires people around the world to innovate with data. ODI Leeds works to do this for the City Region.
ODI Leeds & The ODI are independent, separate not-for-profit companies. ODI Leeds is linked to The ODI by its Pioneer Node Status.
What you will do:
Data & Innovation Consultant
You will be responsible for working with the team to help and support our sponsors, and also help to deliver, and in time lead, data projects.
As an ODI Leeds Innovation Consultant, you will support the work of the ODI Leeds team, with specific responsibilities including:
- Sourcing, Publishing & Analysis of Open Data relating to our Mission led work and projects.
- Communication and Engagement - using our website to help tell stories and build tools to present data and answer our mission led work i.e. #RadicallyOpen, #OpenDataSavesLives, #OpengovTech, #PlanetData
- Client & Account Management: Our network, sponsors & clients work with us to understand, develop & deliver open innovation with data. We will expect you to support them and assist them to get the most out of ODI Leeds and the ODI Network. This means you will work with our sponsors to deliver against our sponsor agreements, complete client reviews, agree action plans and develop propositions with them.
- Innovation Project Development & Delivery: ODI Leeds has a portfolio of projects where it is working with clients to access innovation using open techniques. Ranging from designing & convening open innovation labs,events and activity, advisory support, user research, which may lead to the development of prototypes by our Data Challenges Team. You can find examples of our work here
ODI Leeds: All of the Team at ODI Leeds are involved in the day to day running of the Node and the Innovation space this means that as well as the specific responsibilities you will also be expected to :
- support for our events/ hackathons & innovation pathways
- host and supporting people who work within our workspace
- social media output & engagement
- conducting research
- writing blogs, case studies and reports
- general administrative duties
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualifications or Experience in data or computer science, marketing, science, engineering, maths, economics, policy, business, social science or other relevant subject.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with the proven ability to work under pressure
- An demonstrable specialism and background in data, innovation & digital transformation of our Cities, Organisations & Institutions.
- Clear Client & Account Management skills and experience.
- Excellent business Proposition & Opportunity Development
- An interest in marketing & events
- An interest in startups, policies and innovation
- An interest in research
- Excellent project management skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organised and methodical approach to task completion including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to research and work independently with strong attention to detail and commitment to fact checking own work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a clear writing style
- IT literate
This contract is a permanent position.
What we will provide:
- Space and resources to work in our open-plan, collaborative innovation workspace in central Leeds,
- Equipment to do your work - laptop,
- Guidance on your work and, your projects and programmes,
- The opportunity to attend ODI Leeds events,
- Access and connections to ODI HQ,
- Flexible work hours
- A competitive contract & benefits package during your time at ODI Leeds.
- Salary 20,000 rising to 23,000 on completion of your probation period
What we expect
- Friendly and helpful
- Can do attitude
- Initiative and innovation
- Pride in your work, attention to detail
- Presentability to clients and users
- Willingness to learn
- Curiosity about projects and our work
Deadline: 23 October 2020 but please send your CV asap as we are looking to hire right away
Send CVs to hello @ odileeds.org