Vacancy - Data & Innovation Consultant / Delivery Manager
Deadline: 17th December 2021
This contract is a permanent position, but we are open to part-time, flexible and contract applications - no recruitment services please.
Initial salary up to £40k pa plus pension and benefits - open innovations is an accessible employer and this position is open for part-time or flexible working arrangements.
Open Innovations is looking for a consultant and delivery manager, to support its current and future data projects & innovation programmes working with our sponsors and clients.
Who we are
Open Innovations (formerly ODI Leeds) is a not for profit, independent, mission led, radically open type of organisation. We like to work out in the open with our sponsors, companies, organisations, governments and individuals to use open data to innovate and help people make better decisions. You can find out more about what we do, who we are and how we do on our website.
What you will do
Data & Innovation Consultant & Delivery ManagerAs a consultant and delivery manager, you will support the work of the Open Innovations team, with specific responsibilities including:
- Supporting and deliver our Data & Innovations Projects
- Sourcing, Publishing & Analysis of Open Data relating to our Mission led work and projects.
- Communication and Engagement: using our website to help tell stories and build tools to present data and answer our mission led work i.e. #RadicallyOpen, #OpenDataSavesLives, #OpengovTech, #PlanetData
- Client & Account Management: Our network, sponsors & clients work with us to understand, develop & deliver open innovation with data. We will expect you to support them and assist them to get the most out of Open Innovations and the Open Innovations network. This means you will work with our sponsors to deliver against our sponsor agreements, complete client reviews, agree action plans and develop propositions.
- Innovation Project Development & Delivery: Open Innovations has a portfolio of projects where it is working with clients to access innovation using open techniques. Ranging from designing & convening open innovation labs, events and activity, advisory support, user research, which may lead to the development of prototypes by our Data Challenges Team. You can find examples of our work here:
You will be responsible for working with the team to deliver, and lead, similar projects.
All of the team at Open Innovations are involved in the day-to-day running of the organisation and the Innovation space. This means that as well as the specific responsibilities you will also be expected to:
- support our events/ hackathons & innovation pathways,
- host and support people who work within our workspace,
- social media output & engagement,
- general administrative duties.
Your qualifications & experience
- Qualifications or experience in one or more of the following:
- data or computer science,
- social science
- or other relevant subjects.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with the proven ability to work under pressure,
- You may have already worked in data, innovation & digital transformation of our Cities, Organisations & Institutions,
- Clear Client & Account Management skills and experience,
- You are likely to have an interest in marketing & events, startups, policies and innovation and research,
- You'll be able to show us that you have managed project before and also the skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously,
- Organised and methodical approach to task completion including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills,
- Able to research and work independently with strong attention to detail and commitment to fact checking own work,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a clear writing style and IT literacy.
What we will provide
- A competitive salary, contract & benefits package during your time at Open Innovations, up to £40k pa,
- Space and resources to work in our open-plan, collaborative innovation workspace in central Leeds,
- Equipment to do your work - laptop,
- Guidance on your work, your projects and programmes,
- The opportunity to attend Open Innovations events,
- Flexible work hours.
Please send a cover letter (no more than one page) & a resume to Paul Connell (Founder of Open Innovations). This can be a CV or similar summary - you may for example include examples of your work. Alternatives to a standard CV are welcomed, but please keep them short. We are keen to recruit soon, and may be interviewing for this position before the deadline (17th December 2021). Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.