Vacancy - Workspace, Events, Meetings and Conference Assistant CLOSED
Workspace, Events and Conference Assistant
Leeds LS9 8AG
Salary and Benefits
£17,500.00-£20,000.00 per year
Benefits: Casual dress, Company events, Company pension, Discounted or free food, Employee discount, Sick pay, Additional pay: Performance bonus
Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Open Innovations Workspace
What and Who is Open Innovations workspace?
The Open Innovations innovation and collaborative workspace team is looking for an awesome extra pair of hands to help run our community, meetings and office operations. Open Innovations is a growing workspace in Leeds city centre offering meeting room hire, virtual conferences, events and a collaborative workspace alongside pioneering and radically open work with innovation in Open Data. Our community consists of sponsors in both the private and public sector, freelancers, small groups of start up coworkers and interested members of the public. We host meetings, events, lectures, conferences, training and debates alongside running a coworking space for sponsors and member coworkers.
Who is the vacancy for?
We need a 'Guardian angel' of all things necessary - someone to look after everyone and everything involved in the running of Open Innovations workspace - could that person be you? If you are customer focused, take pride in making interiors look good, flexible, friendly and helpful, eager and quick to learn plus not afraid to try new things then we are looking for you to join our team. You will be responsible for keeping Open Innovations in check in terms of meeting, greeting and looking after our team, sponsors and guests. We believe that heartfelt, human connections make life worth living. So, we come to work every day eager to engage with our guests and each other. You'll have a natural commitment and flair for outstanding service, and you'll be able to deliver this in a confident, friendly and professional manner.
Your day at Open Innovations
You will be making sure that things are getting done smoothly at all times and engaging with guests and the team to deliver outstanding service - from ordering office or catering supplies, setting up for events, managing coworkers, to making the tea and slicing cake. This role is often varied and fast paced but never dull. What you will be responsible for, mainly
- Assist with the operations, maintenance, and upkeep of our facilities
- Catering preparation and service - during events/meetings/conferences assistance will be required in food preparation and service, set up and clear down
- Be the point of contact for visitors, members and sponsors
- Answer enquiries by email or telephone, take tours, refer walk-in guests and members
- Process enquiries and requests
- Help keep the space clean and tidy throughout the day: putting mugs in dishwasher, filling up water jugs, making sure the meeting rooms clean and tidy and well supplied, ensuring the cafe/reception area and kitchens are clean and tidy.
Requirements Do you have the following experience?
- Friendly and helpful
- Sociable, confident and outgoing
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service, catering or events experience - a plus
- Proficiency in Google Documents & Microsoft Office and other basic computer tools
- Exceptional organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Be a great communicator, able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Can do spirit and a passion for working in a dynamic and spirited environment will come in handy
- To cope with all the responsibilities, we would need someone who is flexible, dependable, responsible, and empathetic
- Motivation and strong work ethics would get you very far
Open Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.
Other benefits include marvellous lunches, team social events, discounts at Cafe 164, lectures and events hosted by influential leaders or companies, and more!
Opportunity: As you learn about what we do here you will have the opportunity to get involved in other activities as per your interest and skills. It might be that you will contribute to our website with a blog, take photos at our events or make a new brochure or documentation. There's always something to do, share and learn.
Schedule: Normally, Monday to Friday from 8.45am to 5.30pm. Sometimes we have events in the evening and at weekends, you would be expected to cover these as required.
Salary: Dependent upon age and experience from £17,000 - £21,000
Part time, job sharing flexible options considered
- Flexible employers
- Discounted/free food
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: CLOSED
Expected start date: ASAP where appropriate